To provide Christian discipleship, training and support to people impacted by sexual and relational issues.
Our goal is that those who struggle with sexual and relational brokenness and confusion will find the relief, peace, freedom, joy and hope that they are longing for through their personal relationship with Jesus and the people in their lives. We also aim to equip our local community with the confidence and skill required to fulfill its unique roles in the lives of those suffering and looking for their way forward in Jesus.
- The Holy Bible is the inerrant, unchangeable, and the absolute Word of God.
- Faith, Hope, Love and the greatest of these is Love. (1 Cor. 13)
- Life in the Spirit (the exchanged life) is essential to reflect Christ’s character. (Gal. 5)
- All expressions of sexual intimacy outside the bonds of heterosexual marriage are both unbiblical and immoral.
- Same-sex attraction is primarily developmental and outside of God’s will.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, faith in the Lord Jesus and regeneration of the Holy Spirit are essential.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and eternal life.
- We believe the Bible teaches that all homosexual conduct is wrong and against God’s standards. But by upholding His standard of holiness, we strongly affirm God’s love and redemptive power to recreate the individual who follows Him.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
Identify Ministries, based out of Gainesville, Florida, began January 2014 after Derek was lead through personal revelation to minister in the area of sexual and relational issues. Having a testimony from homosexual attraction himself, Derek knew first-hand the struggle to live in congruity with his faith and the God he served. From that point forward, Derek, Chantelle and our volunteers have provided testimonies, individual prayer training and support, group training sessions, worship flagging demonstrations, and workshops both locally and countrywide. As of October 1, 2017, this ministry transitioned from part-time operation to full-time operation. We have volunteers for various programs: clients, families, immediate needs, resource review, pastoral support, worship flagging, and prayer.
Derek has a professional background in rehabilitation, experience through varied support and discipleship, and worship flagging abilities, which gives Derek a unique and effective role as the ministries’ director.
Deborah is a liaison to local ministries and assists in everyday ministry tasks. Deborah has a personal testimony of supporting someone for years through practical Christianity while they discover the freedom God promises.
Board of Directors
Mark is also the Founder and Executive Director of New Hearts Outreach in Tampa, Florida who is celebrating 20 years of ministry this coming year of 2019.
Marie Rucker Schofill
Board Vice President
Marie has extensive experience leading Christian ministry, support groups, leading prayer ministry, and liaising with multiple religious organizations.
While known for her extensive managerial experience in retail and medical domains, Yerania is also a clinical Occupational Therapist Assistant, is tri-lingual and dancer.
Please reach out to us with any questions you may have!